Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Strange Parents and Laundry Songs

I live with my agnostic family of five in a smallish single family home. Three out of the five of us are always loud, making the space seem smaller than it is, and we have so much stuff. Actually no. That's a lie. We have a normal amount of stuff. Our youngest brother just happens to be very spread out. Same goes for my dad actually. But that's besides the point. Speaking of my parents...

Actually no that's a bad idea. Let's not talk about them. Not yet.

So on to the actual story. It was, I dunno, sometime after dinner right? And I enjoyed my sticky rice and pork and everything. We were really asian tonight and had like Zongzi and like those tara root cake things that are really really yummy, especially when my mom adds that spicy pepper scallion sauce or whatever that we usually use for dumplings. So I was happily looking up music and reading manga with a stomach full of yumminess when my mom tells me to go do laundry. Or maybe she said go do some chores. I don't know. :P They pretty much mean the same thing.

So I'm doing the laundry, rocking out to my music and what not, (I have a legit playlist called "laundry" that I listen to when I fold clothes =_=) when Indy comes over and asks me to play "Talk Dirty" because he can't find his iPod and wants to listen to music while he reads or whatever. I mean, I don't mind. That's not what matters.

So we're over here rocking out to Jason Derulo on repeat 'cause that's just how weird we are, when all of a sudden some hebrew song starts playing from the dining room (Indy and I were in the living room) and I hear my dad trying to go back to his late teens/early twenties and sing...

He's not that bad. But he is more of a screaming-rock-that-hurts-your-ears-and-no-one-understands-a-thing-you're-saying kind of singer if you get what I mean. Basically he screeches like a banshee on higher notes and hurts all our ears.

So to put it simply, the Hava Nagila really wasn't his song.

Now, I go over to try and explain this all to him (my dad is weird) and all of a sudden I realize that it's not just him. My mom and Milan are singing too.

Cue facepalm. Smh. Cries.

That pretty much sums up the entirety of my afternoon as Indy and I bring our volume up to an impossible level as we try to block out the sound of our parents singing.

And then they started watching Ukraine's got talent and my youtube history was filled with videos of Russian speaking pole dancers.

Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment