Monday, March 10, 2014

Anime IV

Okay. So, in case you didn't realize, anime is one of my greatest passions. Maybe more than seventeen million, billion times better than the american "cartoons" they have on, like, cartoon network and stuff, anime is real art. Well, those cartoons are art to, but anime has it's own level.

In case you really live under a rock or something (or just have no interest in this kind of thing, whatsoever) you should know that people who are extremely passionate about anime call themselves otakus.

There are many, many, many types of otakus. There are cosplay otakus, gamer otakus, idol JPop otakus, train otakus (I know, it sounds crazy), figurine otakus, robot otakus, pasocon otakus (computer geeks, basically), the wapanese (japanese wannabes) and more.

However, I consider myself an anime otaku for the most part. JRock is awesome, and cosplay can be fun (in my room, by myself, with no one there to see), but anime and manga are definitely the top of my list of obsessions. Besides eating, of course. But that's a necessity so I put it on a separate list (along with sleep).

Within the rather large umbrella of Anime/Manga Otaku, there are even MORE types.

I am friends with many.

I mean there are the closet otakus and the lolicons (cough cough you know who you are) and others. Some otakus like hentai (>.<), yaoi, yuri, those really creepy fangirly romance shoujo otakus, slice of life otakus (meh), the ones who only watch, like, shonnen, the white otakus who think watching Naruto makes them a full out geek, and then a bunch of others I am most definitely forgetting. Anyways, there are loads, but most of us (note: the word "most" is important in that sentence) are perfectly healthy, functioning, human beings with friends, a decent social life, okay grades, and family relationships to die for (that last one might be a lie). SO, basically, don't judge someone for liking anime. It makes me want to judge you for judging them you judging judger who has nothing better to to do with their life so they make unfair judgements about people who don't deserve to be judged by the likes of you. I judge you.

Saying the word "judge" feels weird now....

But that's besides the point. So really, if you like anime you should be proud. If you don't, I mean, that's great and all, but don't try converting people for your sake. I'm not really sure why I wrote this post. I guess I was really in the mood to rant. Or just felt like I had to speak on behalf of all of my meek otaku friends who stopped watching anime because their brothers said that anime was "gay".

Thank you.



PS- if you suddenly feel the urge to start watching anime, just comment and I might try to give you a recommendation based on your interests. Also, use kissanime.com if you can't find the episodes on youtube, because that website is awesome!!!!!!!!! (trust me I would know. it's the best one I found, AND it streams to mobile devices. WHOOP WHOOP)

Oyasumi~

No comments:

Post a Comment