Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Endings IV

Endings are pretty sad, huh?

That thought just kept running through my mind. I mean, it was just a movie. By just another director by just another studio with just a little significance. But at the same time it wasn't. Not for me (and a select few).

The Wind Rises is Hayao Miyazaki's last film before his retirement. There will be no more. No more movies to watch on rainy days. No more movies to watch when we're snowed inside. No more movies like Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, or Kiki's Delivery Service. I think I will cry.

Actually no I take that back. I have enough pimples as it is.

But on another note, really, why must endings be so sad?? Is there like, some unwritten but forever permanent law in our universe saying that when things come to an end I must cry (or at least feel a little sad)?

No. I am God so I deem whatever rule was in place (if any were there to begin with) NULL AND VOID. I WILL NOT BE SAD. I WILL SIMPLY SWEAT PROFUSELY OUT OF MY EYEBALLS.

This movie was just too sad to be the last one.

I will go watch anime in my room and read some romance novel till I pass out.

Screw dinner.

I will sleep away the sadness.

Good night.

:'(

3 comments:

  1. ya know miyazaki kinda retired for the 15th time already. although he may actually retire this time, nothing is certain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but I feel like this time it might be permanent and that just makes me sad. :(

      Delete
    2. DONT GIVE UP HOPE!

      Delete