Monday, June 10, 2013

Reading II and Music IV and Endings II

I was just going through the blog again and looking at how much I've changed over the year, when i realized something so strange. Even though I love writing in crazy colors and dressing things up with bright splashes of color, I am always making my real self blend into the background. My wardrobe is made up of a million shades of black, white, and gray, and I don't even care to wear gold jewelry. Even my graduation dress is white! Speaking of graduation, it's in exactly two days now. Nora and I decided to keep how we wrote our speeches a secret till the last moment, and our principal agreed! So far, life is good, and I'm trying not to dwell to hard on the future. All I know is I will have a very peaceful summer filled with the beach, library, and sleep. The prospect of summer is getting so close. And according to Amanda, out beaches are almost summer ready. She says that water is getting warmer already which is really nice 'cause I've been asking for a trip to the beach for a while already, but on the other hand it proves how bad global warming has gotten, which is not at all good. Today at School we were going on and on about all the nine years we spent together and singing every one of our classes favorite songs from once upon a time. There's:

  • Since you've been gone (kelly clarkson... I think)
  • When september ends (green day)
  • Hey there delilah (plain whit tees)
  • Never say never (the fray)
  • So what (pink)
and soooooooooooooooooooooooo many more... it's hard to remember them all. Music has always been a piece of our class, constantly drawing our bonds tighter and bring us closer to each other to help us form one large family unit. A little while back, when a few of us started to treat each other less like a happy family and more like angry teens, I realized something. Way back in seventh grade (which wasn't really that far back) we were all still wrapped up in our outside image, making sure we were the same people everyone expected us to be, living up to other's expectations and fitting into everyone else's labels for ourselves. We were the perfect TV family back then. Now, though, we've grown to become a real family. A family where not everyone gets along and arguments break out once in a while, but even if the people in charge can't quite see that, everyone in our class agrees that we all come first. Even those of us who don't necessarily care for each other would step in and help if we were in trouble. because in the end, we all have ties to each other and love one another like a real family. My family is like my second class. I mean my class is like my second family. Oh whatever! But I love everyone of them and nothing will ever change that because we are the family of 2013, the oakland originals, this year's eighth grade graduates, but above all, the one thing that will never change is that we are OURSELVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment